1. How to Locate Your Designated School at Greater Essex County District School Board (GECDSB)
2. How to Register at the Greater Essex County District School Board Schools
Prior to visiting your local school, the Elementary Registration form can be printed and completed at home to assist with the registration process.
Schools in the Greater Essex County District School Board are always open for registration. Come on in! In addition, our elementary schools offer “Welcome to Kindergarten” evenings every February and our secondary schools have “Grade 9 Open Houses” every winter. Dates for these evenings vary from school to school, please contact your local school for specific open house dates and watch for our advertisements in local newspapers.
We understand that families want to visit the school that their child will be attending.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
3. What information do I need to register my child for School?
When registering your child you will need to bring in:
- Child’s birth certificate or other government document to show proof of age and legal name;
- Record of child’s immunization (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and polio);
- Proof of residence (some examples are most recent property tax bill, most recent tax assessment, utilities bill, etc.)