GREATER ESSEX COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Posting for the position of STUDENT TRUSTEE
(2 Positions- 1 representative from an Essex County secondary school and
1 representative from a City of Windsor secondary school)
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from eligible, qualified students for the position of STUDENT TRUSTEE to serve for the term August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015.
Student Trustees are eligible to receive an honorarium and reimbursement for pre-approved expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
To be eligible for the position of Student Trustee, candidates must:
· be in Grade 11 or Grade 12 in the year in which they intend to serve as Student Trustee;
· be in full-time attendance at a secondary school under the jurisdiction of the Greater Essex County District School Board; and
· have access to reliable transportation for meetings, which are normally held at 451 Park Street West, Windsor, ON (A kilometerage allowance is available to successful candidates).
· attend on the 1st Tuesday of each month Standing Committee Meetings (Education and Operations and Finance) which commence at 7:00 p.m.;
· attend/co-chair on the 2nd Tuesday of each month a Student Senate Meeting which commences at 4:30 p.m.;
· attend on the 3rd Tuesday of each month a Public Board Meeting which commences at 7:00 p.m.;
· serve on Ad Hoc Board Committees, as required;
· demonstrate confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· maintain excellent attendance and conduct in accordance with Board Governance By-Laws and the GECDSB’s Code of Conduct policy and regulation AD-28; and,
· other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The incumbent must demonstrate the following: leadership, excellent communication skills, responsibility, enthusiasm, initiative, self-motivation, strong public speaking ability, demonstrated project planning and interpersonal skills.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 7, 2014 by:
Erin Kelly, Director of Education
Greater Essex County District School Board
451 Park Street West, P.O. Box 210
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
Applications must include:
· a detailed resume indicating your age, grade level, academic average, extra-curricular activities, employment and/or community service;
· a 500 word essay on “How I See the Role of Student Trustee”; and
· a letter of recommendation from your Principal.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you would like more information on the position of Student Trustee, contact
or Student Trustees:
Building Tomorrow Together!
The Greater Essex County District School Board's Student Senate is committed to student engagement by providing a framework for effective student representation, student leadership and community service.
Student Senate represents the secondary students of the GECDSB and functions as a forum for consultation on matters important to students.
Student Senate is co-chaired by the GECDSB's Student Trustees and is comprised of democratically elected members of each of our 17 secondary school student parliaments.
For more information, please contact Michelle Marcuz at (519) 255-3200 x10289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2013-14 Student Senate Meeting Schedule.pdf
Student of the Month
Each month, Student Senate accepts nominations and votes for the GECDSB Student of the Month. The Student of the Month is invited to be recognized at the Public Board Meeting and is awarded a token of congratulations by Student Trustees.
Check back after each Board Meeting to read about the outstanding secondary students at the GECDSB.
Student of the Month 2013 09 Ryley Gwilliam.pdf
Student of the Month 2013 10 Charles Toth.pdf
Student of the Month 2013 11 Derek Thibert.pdf
Student of the Month 2013 12 Haylee Meloche.pdf
Student of the Month 2014 02 18 Helga Jiang.pdf